Delegates who would like to present their work at the meeting as a Late Breaking poster, are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
Please refer to the instructions here below so as to ensure a smooth and successful abstract submission.
The corresponding topic must be selected (see list below) to ensure correct scoring of the abstract. The content of the abstract must be topic related. The papers will be peer-reviewed and selected for poster presentation.
A paper should not be submitted to the 7th Annual Meeting of the International Cytokine and Interferon Society if the full paper has been already published.
For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is of maximum 3’600 characters and 45 lines. This includes the author’s details, titles and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
- IMPORTANT DATES
Submission deadline: Thursday 23 August 2019, 23:59 CET
Notifications to submitters: 31 August 2019
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form which will be available from 12 July to 23 August, 2019
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (Friday 23 August 2019, 23:59 CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the meeting. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline (Friday 23 August 2019, 23:59 CET).
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Introduction should contain 1-2 sentences that clearly indicate the scientific question of the study and its clinical (or other) importance.
- Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study.
- Results should contain objective data to answer the scientific question(s).
- Conclusions should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralization.
- No tables or figures can be included in the abstract.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of Cytokines 2019 to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during abstract submission.
- Abbreviations should be indicated in parentheses following their first mention in the text. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the submitting (presenting) author to present the abstract (if accepted) in the session and the time assigned by the Programme Committee. Registration fees will not be waived.
- The presenting author of the abstract must be registered at the meeting within 14 days of confirmation of abstract acceptance.
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proof reading will be done. No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
1. Cytokine regulation
2. Innate immunity
3. Cytokines in Allergy and Th2 Immunity
4. Cytokines in skin inflammatory diseases
5. Mucosal immunity
6. Autoinflammation and Autoimmunity
7. Anti-cytokine therapy
8. T cell differentiation and function
9. Cytokines in cancer development and antitumor immune therapy
After the Submission
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to scientific or clinical value, relevance to Cytokines 2019, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, originality of work and overall impression.
The submitting authors will be notified by 31 August at the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted.
If you need to withdraw your abstract a written statement, reflecting the reasons of this decision must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 31 August 2019.
Presentation of Abstracts
– Late Breaking Abstracts can be accepted as poster communication.
– If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session. Details on poster format and full presentation guidelines will be included in the notification letter and posted on the meeting website.
– Accepted abstracts will be available on the Cytokines 2019 website, about one month prior to the meeting and will be available on the meeting app.
– For any further enquiries, please contact the Cytokines 2019 Abstract Handling Team at email@example.com